Real estate for sale - Country houses
Historical grand-ducal Villa with restoration project in Valdichiana
The historic villa for sale with origins from the 16th century with façade facing south is located in a 1 ha park with beautiful trees.
According to the earliest documents of the Valdichiana, the building was probably a simple complex of buildings consisting of a stately tower house and belonging to dukes. The original 3-storey building, a tower, was built with an internal staircase, the ground floor generally being used as a stable, the 1st floor as a living area and the 2nd floor as a sleeping area. This original construction section is now integrated into the villa building. The well built inside probably dates from the same time.
Around 1650, the building was a farmhouse with its own farm. The farm administered the surrounding lands. The structure was enlarged in the 17th century, and after it lost its original function, it served as flats for the administrator and the farmers who worked the estate's land.
Around 1750, a second tower was built and a gallery was erected between the two, thus the southern façade took on the appearance of a stately building with a symmetrical façade.
From 1800, the oldest part was enlarged and transformed into a stately villa. At the beginning of the 20th century, the previous public road leading to the property was transformed into a private entrance to the villa, rows of cypress trees were planted along the property boundaries, and a new road was created to the north side of the villa.
Until a few years ago, the villa was used as a guest house and the central part as a restaurant-bar, both of which need to be modernised, while the upper floor of the central part together with the western part of the building need to be fully restored.
There is a building project for restoration with spacious lounges, 27 bedrooms and bathrooms as well as kitchen, wine cellar, etc., which can be varied.